I’m a playwright, composer, lyricist, and researcher based in the Bay Area, CA. My work most often deals with Asian-Americans grappling with the messiness of their identities as they relate to their unique American experiences. I’m also a technologist and am interested in building new theater experiences that mesh with technology. I have worked with Underscore Theatre Company in Chicago, the National Asian American Theatre Company (NAATCO), Musical Theatre Factory, and PACE University in NYC, Faultline Theatre in San Francisco, and Shotgun Players in Berkeley, CA.
- Newton’s Third Law
- Playing Ourselves, 15-minute musical on commission by the Musical Theatre Factory
- MacDowell Colony Fellow 2022
- Baked! The Musical
- 2022 Eugene O’Neill NMTC Semi-Finalist
- Best lyrics, lead performer, supporting performer, ensemble performer at Chicago Musical Theatre Festival 2020
- 2020 NYMF Finalist
- 2020 RAVE Selection
- House of India
- Selection, Eugene O’Neill National Playwrights Conference 2022
- Semi-Finalist, Bay Area Playwrights Festival 2022
If you’ve come looking for my academic computing research, go here.