I’m a playwright, composer, lyricist, and researcher based in the Bay Area, CA. My work most often deals with Asian-Americans grappling with the messiness of their identities as they relate to their unique American experiences. I’m also a technologist and am interested in building new theater experiences that mesh with technology. My work has been developed and produced with Underscore Theatre Company, the National Asian American Theatre Company (NAATCO), Musical Theatre Factory, PACE University, the O’Neill Theatre Center (NPC ‘22), the National Alliance for Musical Theatre (NAMT ‘22) Faultline Theatre in San Francisco, and Shotgun Players.
You can reach me via email: email@example.com
- Newton’s Third Law
- Playing Ourselves, 15-minute musical on commission by the Musical Theatre Factory
- MacDowell Colony Fellow 2022
- Baked! The Musical
- Selection, 2022 NAMT Festival of New Musicals
- Semi-Finalist, 2022 Eugene O’Neill NMTC
- Best lyrics, lead performer, supporting performer, ensemble performer at Chicago Musical Theatre Festival 2020
- Selection, 2020 New York Musical Festival
- Selection, 2020 RAVE Festival of New Musicals
- House of India
- Selection, Eugene O’Neill National Playwrights Conference 2022
- Semi-Finalist, Bay Area Playwrights Festival 2022
If you’ve come looking for my academic computing research, go here.